Allowed mods

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

Allowed mods

Post by Yukar9 »

Rule #2 states that no hacks are allowed. However legit mods, that don't give you an unfair advantage are allowed. I've compiled a quick list of mods that are allowed:

Custom texture packs that don't let you see through dirt, stone, sand, gravel, cobblestone or other opaque blocks.
Singleplayer mods (as long as they aren't useable in SMP without OP) mods such as singleplayercommands, and toomanyitems.
Rei's minimap
Improved chat.
Optifine

If your mod isn't listed here, post it here and I'll have a look at it, or just use common sense and ask yourself if you think it gives yourself an unfair advantage.

Quick FAQ: Is having hacks on your computer, but not running them (ie. a clean minecraft.jar) allowed?
Yes, having hacks on your computer is allowed. The rule applies to this server, and this server only, what you do in singleplayer or on other servers I don't care. While I don't recommend it, having the hack running isn't against the rules either, but as soon as you hit the button to activate it, you will be banned.
your_mom_is_fat
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Re: Allowed mods

Post by your_mom_is_fat »

i use the minimap one and this one that lets me set waypoints so i can get back to my house i used to use flymods but got banned for it so no more
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

so is too many items okay or not
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Updated list
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

Apart from Rei's minimap, I use:
  • ControlPack - automates some of the most common stuff (autotool etc)
  • Inventory Tweaks - sorting items etc
  • What's my light level - self explanatory
None of these provide any advantage, just make life a bit easier.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Can't say I approve of controlpack.
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

Yukar9 wrote:Can't say I approve of controlpack.
I can't really see why would anyone consider controlpack a cheat - it doesn't extend the game's functionality in any way, just automates certain things. Maybe you've mistaken it with Smart Moving (which allows climbing vertical walls and faster sprint)?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I don't approve of it because of it's boost to pvp, you have a significant advantage over other players when fighting them.

It's the same with this mod, it doesn't extend the games functionality, it just automates part of the game, and the problem is in many cases computers are better than players.
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

ControlPack doesn't boost PvP - the feature names (autosword, autoblock) might suggest that, but:
The only thing autosword does is change your current tool to first sword in your toolbar when you hit an enemy, and autoblock has nothing to do with sword-blocking (it's for block placement). You still have to use your sword manually - there is no feature that automates combat.

To clarify, here's a quote from the ControlPack website:
Auto Sword Selection:
Left click a mob, and it'll select your sword automatically! Don't have one? It will also make sure you don't have a tool selected so you don't waste a use.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

but being able to switch efortlessly to a weapon is most definitly an advantage since other players have to hit a # key or scroll there mouse wheel