LAAAAAAAAAAAG :(

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
Stidyr
[rawr]

So, lag?

Post by Stidyr »

What's up with all the lag all the time? Never had this problem before we restarted the server :s
sliderride
[rawr]

Re: So, lag?

Post by sliderride »

I can confirm. Each 15-30 minutes we have serios lags of 5..15 seconds and then game crashes (server disconnects and return in under a minute)
sliderride
[rawr]

Post by sliderride »

3 crashes in last 10 minutes
sliderride
[rawr]

Post by sliderride »

6 and counting. Admins?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

The server hasn't been crashing, if it crashes I have to manually start it up again. You've all just been timing out, which seems to have something to do with new areas being generated.
sliderride
[rawr]

Post by sliderride »

When Im disconnected, I can't reconnect for some time, 10-30 seconds, and when I login there are just 3-4 people and others rejoin.

Anyway this is a serious problem..

Also, the PVP is shit. up to 5 seconds lag. It is just random luck, not fight.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

I've been noticing the same thing on the private 1.8 server I run for my kids and their friends -- anytime they go somewhere new, the server locks up tight and spins its wheels for a while. I assume this has something to do with the "new biome generation code" which Notch obviously has not yet sufficiently tweaked for performance.
Stidyr
[rawr]

Post by Stidyr »

Ok, so it doesn't crash. But something's obviously wrong. Just in the last 10mins I've had 6 "Connection Lost. Java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"'s. And the redstone lag is another story. Anything with redstone hasn't worked for a week or so now.

I know we're not paying for anything, but maybe donations would increase if the server was stable? :P We didn't have these kinda problems in 1.7 :(
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

It's the map generation, when people generate new parts of the map it lags, sometimes so much everybody times out. I believe redstone has been entirely non-functional since 1.8 was released, but I might be wrong, I haven't made anything redstone in a while.

I've gotten a total of 40 euros in donations. That's not even enough to pay for one month's worth the server, and the fact that the donation page has been non-functional for about 3 weeks shows how little I care about getting donations.
trouble_354
[rawr]

Post by trouble_354 »

redstone works fine for me, when the server was first set up sometimes a simple piston door would take 2-5 minutes to open. probably due to everyone exploring new areas and bukkit being unstable and then to top it off all the orbs.