Map reset?

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Reset map when 1.8 releases?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 31

RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: Map reset?

Post by RevStoningpot »

Okay if you can return to me all my valubles I would be willing to stick around after a reset I'll start packing. How do you know what a person has though? do i need everything in chests? My vote is still on no though.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I'd have you give me all your stuff, then I'd dupe it over to the new world. So you'd have to hand me your stuff, then I'd dupe it over.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

I agree with the idea of players keeping their inventories and getting them returned after. Otherwise, I vote yes for teh map reset.
CaptainKirov
OP

Post by CaptainKirov »

Stonards wrote:This is the prime example as to why a lot of servers die. When things get reset, people rage and leave the server and it just dies out of no-where. It's sort of risky.
But when we don't reset the map, a lot of players will leave because they'll want all the new features that come with 1.8.

Also, we can purposely destroy everything around spawn again, if it won't happen naturally again already. I used to do that with TNT just for the lols and I am sure there will be other people up for that.
astv25
[rawr]

Post by astv25 »

If you did (and i'd love you long time) carry over inventories by acting like a minecraft safety deposit box I would vote yes simply because the world would be less. . . Utterly destroyed by griefing and combat. So, inventory carry, yes, yes, yes. No inventory carry. . . No, sorry.

Thanks for letting us decide,

astv25
Anasi
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Anasi »

Please don't reset the map. Please? Its true that a bunch of people ask you to reset the map but a majority of them are new to the server and haven't invested anything in it. Is it fair that the people that have been loyal to the server, people that you know, it is fair that they should lose all of their work? Yukar, this may be a little bit too much but this is how I see it, the work that we have done has taken alot of time, alot of our lives. Even a build that took one hour to make, took away one hour that we would have lived in our lives. I admit that you could argue that minecraft is a waste of time in itself and that may be true. Time away from going outside or developing basic social skills BUT it was a choice we made and now that we've spent a bit of our lives on your server, I implore you not to take that time and throw it away. Please keep the server as-is. Please!
Anasi
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Anasi »

By the way. You say that you are just going to go with the majority to satisfy as many people as possible? Well most of the people that vote for the reset haven't much to lose. Please consider that.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Yes, most of the people requesting to have the map reset are new players. But most of the people voting here aren't new players. With the exception of a few I've seen everybody here play regularly for many hours. I understand it's taken a lot of your time, I'll be losing a lot of my time as well with a map reset.

I do take into account the fact that some people have very little to lose by doing a map reset, and I don't let people I have no idea who are vote. But the fact is that you and RevStoningpot aren't a majority. As you should know, begging will have no influence on me, if you want to save the map start getting people over to your side. Votes can be changed, convince people to not have the map reset and you can save it, but begging me not to reset it won't save it.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

Why does a map reset have to be done anyhow? All other uploads have been just fine with out reseting the map. Who says this one won't work? Shouldn't we wait untill we know what's gonna happen with the next update before we do anything crazy?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

We already know what the new update will bring, the reason is previous updates have added things such as tall grass and redstone, no major change to the terrain generation, whereas 1.8 will have some rather large changes to the terrain generation.