Map reset?

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Reset map when 1.8 releases?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 31

leofanx
still building aboveground

Re: Map reset?

Post by leofanx »

Greetings all. I've been on the server for a few months but this is my first time posting. I don't have that much to lose at the moment, but that's what I like about the server: you're liable to losing it all via getting your ass kicked and your base raided. Nothing is ultimately permanent on that server and that's what the ride is all about for me. I've been to a point where I was stacked with iron and diamonds, but there's nothing like the thrill of a battle while defending your base when you know everything you've worked for is on the line. That being said, I personally don't think a map reset is all that bad, especially if Yukar is willing to dupe our items for us. Also I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the admins who pay for the server for us to have fun on, and all the hard work they do to keep cheaters out, commendable work.

-leo
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

hmm 1.9 gona need to have a new map to.. jeb writes on his twitter "You need to generate new areas. As it looks now, beta 1.9 will also require new generation" so damn.....
Stidyr
[rawr]

Post by Stidyr »

mitte90 wrote:hmm 1.9 gona need to have a new map to.. jeb writes on his twitter "You need to generate new areas. As it looks now, beta 1.9 will also require new generation" so damn.....
I saw that too, maybe we should postpone the server reset? :s
But God knows when 1.9 will be out :P
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

i think 1.9 will not be here for a long time.. (some months).. well what to do this is beta..
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

isn't the final version supposed to be in november or somthing? Is 2.0 gonna be the final game?
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

final as in "stable" but notch had said that he will add stuff to it after release. hmm i dont beleave in a november release..
Blazyd
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Blazyd »

Honestly, the main reason I like this server so much is seeing all the ruins and the fun of SMP. Half the people who used to play don't anymore and now we wont have those cool old ruined places that everyone sees. I like seeing things or places people have been before, it's fun. I personally think, all the map that has been generated in 1.7 should be copied, including your inventory and items in chest and all your buildings and stuff, and put it into the new 1.8 map, so we have all our stuff. I would really just leave and find another game if this map got completely reset. I just like exploring and seeing ruins that people have made, and other people have gone there and messed around a bit, that's what makes this server so fun for me and a lot of other people. I don't know, that's just what I think about it.

So my answer: Absolutely not
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

If it were possible to move the everything built by humans over into the new world, I'd do it. But it can't be done automatically, and there's no way I can do it manually. Anyway when I started the server it only took a few hours before the abandoned ruins started popping up, I don't think it'll take long before we get lots of abandoned ruins again.
Trance104
Donator

Post by Trance104 »

If the reset happens, I believe the ruins will just start popping up again. It will all come with time.
trouble_354
[rawr]

Post by trouble_354 »

Yes, a map reset needs to be done, but I believe no items should be moved over, nor should any structures (except the castle and spawn area)