Map reset?

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Reset map when 1.8 releases?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 31

mitte90
OP

Re: Map reset?

Post by mitte90 »

reset and release the old map so people can save their work on singel player and let us explore the cool work of others:P i have loads to lose in a map reset but i think its time.. its beta u cant expect to have u work forever
dpy
OP

Post by dpy »

RevStoningpot wrote:Why does a map reset have to be done anyhow? All other uploads have been just fine with out reseting the map. Who says this one won't work? Shouldn't we wait untill we know what's gonna happen with the next update before we do anything crazy?
It's been made clear by MC devs that although old worlds may remain compatible, old chunks (aka 95% of the reasonable space in this server) won't have new features like NPC villages/abandoned dungeons/etc, and old worlds might not even have access to the new items.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

mitte90 wrote:reset and release the old map so people can save their work on singel player and let us explore the cool work of others:P i have loads to lose in a map reset but i think its time.. its beta u cant expect to have u work forever
I do plan on doing that.
TheLea
[rawr]

Post by TheLea »

I totally vote yes for a reset, I enjoy building on a virgin land, even though I have spent days on making my railroad system and caves.

So, YES, do a reset.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

dpy wrote:
RevStoningpot wrote:Why does a map reset have to be done anyhow? All other uploads have been just fine with out reseting the map. Who says this one won't work? Shouldn't we wait untill we know what's gonna happen with the next update before we do anything crazy?
It's been made clear by MC devs that although old worlds may remain compatible, old chunks (aka 95% of the reasonable space in this server) won't have new features like NPC villages/abandoned dungeons/etc, and old worlds might not even have access to the new items.
so old worlds can have the new stuff you just need to travel to unexplored land? that sounds like an even better reson not to reset. it would get people to actualy go out and play rather than sit at spawn all day.
Vaslor
[rawr]

Post by Vaslor »

If it's new land generation that you guys want, couldn't you just go and explore further out?
Box
in iron armor

Post by Box »

We've been across a lot of land, it seems unreasonable that you have to travel a thousand blocks for trees, and twenty thousand for melons.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

The problem with forcing everybody to travel 20k out is that then there is no interaction with anybody, the spawn provides a common place where lots of people can meet, if everybody is just 20k blocks out, nobody meets, nobody pvps, no bases get raided. Then it's basically just singleplayer with a chat.
abertonica
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by abertonica »

YES reSET!!
Vaslor
[rawr]

Post by Vaslor »

Point taken. Alright then... switching my vote. :s