map limit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Add a 5k world boundary?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 52

worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: map limit

Post by worldruler086 »

Ellidon wrote:
worldruler086 wrote: Anyways, I'm wondering who was the dumb fuck who voted for no limit more then once. You made our job much harder, you idiot(s). Now we're winning by a much slimmer margin...
...yeah sorry that was my bad. Thought my vote hadn't gone through.
Oh, no problem. Besides, it wasn't just you. the vote for no limit dropped by 6 votes. I'm both disappointed, yet not that surprised, that people are double voting. I'm just hoping those who vote their right to vote away will step forward. And don't worry Ellidon, Yukar gave you that vote back.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

well it's the 3rd and it looks like the ayes have it so bye bye simplicity. It was a good server while it lasted.
worldruler86
[rawr]

Post by worldruler86 »

RevStoningpot wrote:well it's the 3rd and it looks like the ayes have it so bye bye simplicity. It was a good server while it lasted.
I have reason to believe some of those votes are false. it jumped 7 votes in about 2 hours.
edit: ignore the fact that I had to make a new account, the password suddenly didn't work, and Yukar hasn't finished his "to do" list with the "forgot password?" link.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Please keep in mind that any multiple voting will not be automatically detected immediately, and as such the result shown here may change when votes are reverted.
Fake votes usually disappear within 24 hours. Yukar9 has already guaranteed no fake vote will be counted in the end.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

i spoke too soon vote ends on the 7th. last i heard it was the 3rd
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

So tomorrow the vote will end, the vote will be ended manually so I can't give a precise time for it, but just sometime tomorrow evening (GMT+1)

If the poll is even I'll extend the vote duration for 24 hours (until one side wins)
yourcreepyuncle

Post by yourcreepyuncle »

If there were more people against the 5k limit, why do we have one? A lot of people fail to realize, however, how big 5k is. I mean, I've only explored almost all the + + coords, but i haven't even begun to go to + - coords or - - or - + coords... I would love to see the 5k limit expanded a little or something, but its kind of grown on me....not totally though.
yourcreepyuncle

I know this is a fairly old post, but I through some of it and one thing was someone, I think piani, was talking about how our server doesn't have as much pvp as other pvp servers. And this might have already been said but, one of the reasons for this is because other servers aren't vanilla and so they have mods that protect your home from griefing and your chests and furnaces from being broken into. So people don't have to worry about their items being stolen or taken. I think that takes away from a pvp server personally, because then you don't really have to learn to build and hide strategically. So, my point is maybe, maybe the 5k limit is a good thing, maybe its not.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Yeah, I know its old but originally I never really supported or was against the map limit, I was sort've spectating although I think I made a vote (Don't remember if it was yes or no) Now I do support the map limit as there is much more pvp around here.
yourcreepyuncle

I feel like at some time though, people or going to feel to crowded as our server starts to grow.