map limit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Add a 5k world boundary?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 52

trouble_354
[rawr]

map limit

Post by trouble_354 »

Vote at http://simplicitypvp.net/vote
pianiseemo wrote:Pianiseemo is suggesting a +/-5k Map Limit. Please actually read what I say and seriously consider it.

Now why is this?
PvP is not even close to the levels that it should be at on this server. Many other servers have PvP death messages at least sporadically... and we don't. Think about the last time you had an actual PvP encounter (outside of events).

Many nights there are only 5 players online... you can say that that number will "increase", but we've been saying that for one month and it hasn't. If more people come online, then we can always extend the map limit to 10k.

Some people are even living 60k from spawn. Most of the server is living way, way out from spawn. There is barely any player contact. Furthermore, players who choose to go around loading new chunks cause server-wide lag.

How will a map limit help the server?
It will significantly increase PvP and player contact. Simplicity will become a true fighting server, and not a free-build your base 60k blocks away server.

It should also help with lag. Less chunks will be loaded constantly.

Many of you have played the hunger games and liked it a lot- and that's within a 100 radius bedrock dome. I'm suggesting a a map limit with an area of 100 million blocks. I think that's way more than we need, and we can always increase this limit if we need to.

What are the downsides to this map limit?
Well, first of all, everyone who is way outside of +/- 5k will have to move. We might copy your bases over to within the map limit (not sure).

You'll also not be able to build epic above-ground bases. However, in my opinion, if you're going to do that, go to free-build- why are you coming to a PvP server to build buildings 70k from spawn and essentially free-build?

Finally, this might supposedly go against our "vanilla doctrine." If you honestly believe that being a vanilla server means no map limit and essentially no PvP, then I respect your opinion but beg to disagree. I'm pretty sure hosting events is against the server's "vanilla doctrine" as well, but it seems like not a single person has any complaints about events.
Last edited by trouble_354 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Re: map limit

Post by Bloop the poop »

I suggest 10k I understand what you mean. It's either 10k+ or spawn rats who try to steal your shit or are dressed up in full diamond armour (no idea how these guys get so many diamonds in a day of playing within the server, I suspect x-raying personally since the anti x-ray is off right now.) and diamond tools killing you for teh sport of it. I say the map limit is 6k in any direction because most people won't travel that far to find a base to raid.
trouble_354
[rawr]

Post by trouble_354 »

either 10k or spawn rats? do you understand how big an area that is?

if you wanted to search the 10k limit you would have to walk 40k blocks. which would take about 6 hours to do.

lets put some things into context here if we was to make 3k the limit. the surface would have 9 million blocks (ignoring water of course) and if we include underground its 500 million blocks, with 10k limits that goes up to 6 billion. I don't really think a game played by less than 50 people should really include billions of something.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

You're all stupid. This is a vanilla server. If you don't want to have your freedom to play as the game as it was intended to be played go find a different server. Also it's the giant ocean that makes people have to go out so far. In a 10 k map you'd have 3-4K of land. Frankly I don't intend on being a cave man and that's the only way to survive in close quarters. Also, ever hear of a 40K? Yeah people run that far as a sport. This is not very big. In a map that is esetialy 112,000,000 block radius you want to play on .001% of the map. Again get the fuck out and find a new server most people are here cuz they like playing vanilla.
trouble_354
[rawr]

Post by trouble_354 »

you like playing vanilla yet you use TP to get people to your town...
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

well that's just cuz people were such whiners about traveling I made the journy by myself and admin being able to tp is vanilla also i never tped qwuke dpylz mitte90 dentyne_manee or xavter
dpy
OP

Post by dpy »

I would potentially support a (quite large) map limit.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

@rev is teh village still alive? If you are living with anyone I would love to join, I am currently a hobo in minecraft. (Not a poor hobo.)
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

@dpylz If it came down to it I'd like no less than 500K
@Bloop you wouldn't want to join us we are out beyond the map limit you support. And as another point on this subject of no action my town was out 12000 7000 and i was griefed and i found a noob base very nearby and another base i just happened on around 4000 4000 Also when i moved i made a nether route which was very soon after intersected by TLRedemtion There is all kinds of riskes even out past 10000 and i plan on moving further.

Basicly with out pvp survival is easily acomplished by building some walls and putting up lights. Mobs are easy to survive pvp adds an element that is very dangerous and impossible to defend against. pvp is not there just so people can run around spawn needlessly killing each other. It's a challange to the mining/building process. this is afeter all minecraft. I've seen the kind of bases you cave men make they're all very ugly it's clear that most people lack the creativity needed to properly play the game

Final point if you limit the map there will be no new features that's no snow no mushroom biome no stronghold other than the 3 no ender portal ones we have. maybe no wolfs i'm not sure if those were taken out in 1.8 or just super rare
trouble_354
[rawr]

Post by trouble_354 »

rev when was the last time you got into a pvp battle?