Suggestions to get the pvp rolling

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
n0iseisjh
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Build a city!

Post by n0iseisjh »

The problem isnt the map size. If you make the map size smaller, the amount of pvp will encrease as much as raiding. And raiding is asstorious to be on the wrong end of :P
Further, I have a proposition to solve the pvp problem, as well as trading and such. Build a protected town without PVP around the neatherportal is. Its easy to reach, and it would make socializing easier. As well as pvp, when u leave the zone. One could hunt people going in and out of towns with loot to sell or loot they just bought! However, you would have to consider letting people buy premade houses or lots, maybe even guild halls. This way the town would have another funtcion. Im all for PVP and stealing, and i think this would be an awesome solution.
n0iseisjh

Re: Suggestions to get the pvp rolling

Post by n0iseisjh »

The problem isnt the map size. If you make the map size smaller, the amount of pvp will encrease as much as raiding. And raiding is asstorious to be on the wrong end of :P
Further, I have a proposition to solve the pvp problem, as well as trading and such. Build a protected town without PVP around the neatherportal is. Its easy to reach, and it would make socializing easier. As well as pvp, when u leave the zone. One could hunt people going in and out of towns. Check my post on the forum aswell
n0iseisjh

Post by n0iseisjh »

The town could be called Simply City!
Admins, please reply :) Map limit reduction can be done even if you put in a town.. ;)
n0iseisjh

Re: Build a city!

Post by n0iseisjh »

The town could be called Simply City!
Admins, please reply :) Map limit reduction can be done even if you put in a town.. ;)
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

again it goes against my desires but a town, i feel, would be the way to go. And I'd be happy to help build it if this server stays worth playing. Also just mentioning again, advertisment.
n0iseisjh

Post by n0iseisjh »

Is it something that could be put up for a vote? I really think if you give players a reason to enter/exit the town with valuables it would create alot of new PVP action. Also, the buying of small protected houses, would make it so (if you get in there alive) you can save loot for trading. But ppl still have to build bases that can be raided, since the housing should be relativily small. Just some ideas ofcourse, but I think its a good solution for getting people closer in an area. I really like the server, but its flame is dying out it seems. People are playing singleplayer online as it is today, with the exeption that one can log on to see a raided base one day.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Meh, back before the reset spawn was just like that (albeit minus the city, it was just a platform). Didn't exactly work well due to the fact all the noobs would just hang around inside spawn, never leaving but instead just killing people leaving/entering spawn, taking their stuff, and going back to hiding in spawn. If you could find a way around this problem I would support the suggestion.
trouble_355
[rawr]

Post by trouble_355 »

I think one thing that would help keep the server active is if we have another admin to help maintain the server.

Yukar does a great job but he can't be around 24/7
n0iseisjh

Post by n0iseisjh »

Well, that is easy. A city makes for more exitpoints. If u only have a platform, people can see you exit. In a town, you can just exit and all the looters wont know where due to cover of houses. But ofcourse, if its pvp as in arenapvp ur all after, its a bad idea.. I Its not my server, but it seems the right way to go to me. Don't understand why it cant be depated/voted/tried :) Ur all doing good work
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

I'm not saying I don't like it, it's just this problem was really a pain back then. The problem is more that people would leave and quickly return, abusing the protection like that. A solution could be something like having to wait 1 min after leaving before you can get back into the town.