Selling my fortress of solitude

Sell, buy, or trade your various stuff. Offer your services as a bounty hunter, or request that somebody be killed.
Xestia
OP

Re: Selling my fortress of solitude

Post by Xestia »

There, now we got an auction going
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

As I found an easy way to get through the lava walls I don't know if I still want it...

Edit:
OK, it seems to be harder to get in as I thought. That's really impressive.

Btw: How do you keep others from getting in if you are outside if the fortress?
Why do you want to get rid of it if it's that safe?

5 diamonds and 5 cobblestone
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

edit
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Well that's probably just because you can't find it in the lava.
Just use a fire resistance potion, put your head halfway through the lava to see where it is, and then go there, place a dirt block for you to stand on, then start digging one 2 blocks above the dirt block to prevent lava from flowing in. There will only be 3 layers of obsidian, so should only take 1 minute to dig through (thank you mojang for making obsidian weaker)

This is just one way, I can think of at least two others, but that would require sand and tnt, respectively.

I had a pillar from the center of it with which I could teleport to the top of it, then just jump from there into the water below. To get back in I used my alt which I logged out inside the fort.

and if anybody's thinking of claiming it/buying it, you should know I've filled the inside of the fort completely with lava, if you want it prepare to spend a lot of time cleaning it up.
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

Hmmm,
I used the self-repairing bridge concept to get deep into the lava. But as it is 20 blocks sick, it did not work that good. So I started to use pistons manually at the end of the the tunnel to get forward and always filled the gap with dirt. This is hard work, and I lost some pistons, but I got deeper.

I didn't know the fire resistance would work this way. It makes you totally immune? ;-( That makes lava quite useless at all...

Well, I were interested in it just because of it's high level in mincraftiness (you know what i mean).

But filled with lava it is quite useless...
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Yep, the three main blocks used for building forts have been either weakened or made completely useless in 1.0

Lava = useless except for spawn rats without fire resistance potions
Iron Doors = Completely useless (break faster than cobble)
Obsidian = weakened (10 sec break time)
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Xestia wrote:Yep, the three main blocks used for building forts have been either weakened or made completely useless in 1.0
Agreed. I think my play is going to evolve more towards hidden caches and temporary sh!t bases.

I did have a good time building the Cube in 1.8, shame Obsidian is such crap now.