Minecraft 1.0.0

General minecraft related topics
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Minecraft 1.0.0

Post by RevStoningpot »

Huge rip off! I don't see a single new thing in 1.0.0 it's just 1.9 6 with fixed doors. Where is the supposed adventure mode? The only mission in the game is to kill a rather boring dragon. NPCs are not charecters at all they're just more retarded animal. Mine carts still have no sound even though the wiki says they do. And there is still and option in more world options, worldtype:, that has no purpose. I know notch plans to continue with additions to the game but this is no longer beta. This is supposed to be a finished game yet it seems pretty lacking to me. Also I still can't play on my computer cuz they never fixed the memory wasting problem. When i got the game in 1.4 it ran beautifuly on my computer and just got worse each update. I wonder if Xbox is going to have an actual game to play or if it'll just be the same pointless thing.
Xestia
OP

Re: Minecraft 1.0.0

Post by Xestia »

This is because mojang spend all their time working on projects (such as renting a huge-ass hotel in Vegas; or starting new video games before they finish their first one). If only they would put some more time into fixing actual problems in the game, rather than satisfying all the children who go "we want more features!!!!!!!! or else mojang is gay and we'll go back to playing Hello Kitty" minecraft would be much better. I heard from yukar9 that this server is a quadcore, but because minecraft runs on java it can only use one of the servers core, meaning 3/4 of the server's potential is wasted, if mojang would fix this we would be able to make this a 200 slot server.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

Hmmm interesting the computer i play on is dual core and i always thought it should be performing better than it does. Didn't know java only uses half of it. Any how i just thought there was supposed to be some kind of missiony aspect put in and that npcs would be charecters you could interact with. I figured with all the new stuff in 1.8 and 1.9 that they were going to improve on the new stuff and make it more of a real game. But seriosly that unused option in the world creation WTF is it for. What other world types could there be, and why can't we use them?
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Maybe it's to let you use the old world generation engine or something, or maybe it's to let you easily generate skyblock-like worlds or flatgrass worlds.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

Maybe yes,, but the game is done and it still does nothing. They could've padded out the achivments a bit more there is still a lot of space on the achivments page. It just doesn't seem like a finnished game is al i'm saying. Notch just gave up cuz we already gave him all our money. Why finnish the game when you've got all those millionaire parties to go to?
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Yeah, I don't think notch has done much to the game in the past 6+ months. On twitter it's also Jeb giving updates on it, and I think he's the one doing most the work there.

and I seriously doubt we'll be going back to weekly updates, or even monthly updates for that matter. I think minecraft will just go downhill with bugs piling up along all the new useless features added.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Xestia wrote:This is because mojang spend all their time working on projects (such as renting a huge-ass hotel in Vegas; or starting new video games before they finish their first one). If only they would put some more time into fixing actual problems in the game, rather than satisfying all the children who go "we want more features!!!!!!!! or else mojang is gay and we'll go back to playing Hello Kitty" minecraft would be much better. I heard from yukar9 that this server is a quadcore, but because minecraft runs on java it can only use one of the servers core, meaning 3/4 of the server's potential is wasted, if mojang would fix this we would be able to make this a 200 slot server.
Actually that's not entirely true, some plugins run in separate threads, but plugins don't use many resources. The website is also run on the same server. So it's really only ~3/5 of the server's potential that gets wasted.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Sorry, 3/5 and not 3/4 of the server's potential is wasted.

On a related note, couldn't you host multiple minecraft servers since the extra power isn't really used.
CaptainKirov
OP

Post by CaptainKirov »

Usually when a game gets betatested they don't add features at all. Instead the devolopers fixe bugs, glitches, and balance issues (for example bow being OP). In minecraft though a lot of extra features were added since it went from alpha to beta. You should be happy instead of disappointed.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

I think adding new features is fine, but you need to know your priorities. If your game is filled with bugs, constant crashes, unnecessarily high resource usage, and non-functioning features then your top priority should be to fix that, rather than just add more features, leading to more bugs. And you should definitely fix it before you start working on entirely new projects. I mean look through any of the recent updates, all updates after 1.6 have had more new features than bug fixes. I mean mojang claimed releasing the game would mean they would take it from unstable to stable (claimed on tumlr,) and yet 1.0 is just more glitchy than 1.8.