Removing bedspawn?

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
SolFuji
in iron armor

Removing bedspawn?

Post by SolFuji »

Could removing bedspawn have the effect of keeping people less far away from spawn (and would it be a good idea)?
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: Removing bedspawn?

Post by worldruler086 »

I played on a server back a year ago before beds were even added. t made dying a bitch, so I learned not to go 5km. That said, you had to learn to be resourceful, and it made the game a bitch to play if you died. I remember rage quitting when I died 10k from spawn. Although it'd be fun to go back to nostalgia, I think beds were added for a reason.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

With exp. loss from death I'd just refrain from dying any more. But that would also be less vanilla. Although we should totaly go with out whatever bed mod is installed.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Removing the bed mod = removing beds. Without the bed mod beds will work occasionally at best.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

they'll work just as regular beds do. Which is just finehe mod just makes it so you can set it with out getting in it. Me personally i've never trusted it. i always get in my bed before i accept it as set.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

The vanilla bed respawn is glitchy, the reason the plugin was added was to guarantee that the beds work. If the plugin is removed you'll be spawning at spawn 75% of the time.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

I've never had a problem on other servers using a bed except for a short time between.... I think 1.6 and 1.6 2 Also i'm pretty sure any bugs as bad as that would deffinitly be taken care of now.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Also i'm pretty sure any bugs as bad as that would deffinitly be taken care of now.
You would think that, but then you have to remind yourself of which company we're talking about.

Even though I don't think it should be permanently removed, I could still support it being temporarily removed to see how the server reacts. It'd be sorta funny seeing all the 'omg why the fuck did i spawn at spawn ?!?!?!'
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

I'm pretty sure if the mod was removed people would need to reset their beds. Which would mean a lot of people unknowingly spawning at spawn. But seriously i'm sure beds work just fine without any mods. And as for getting back to the original topic no beds should not be removed.
trouble_355
[rawr]

Post by trouble_355 »

the beds mod is awesome and works how beds should actually work. I shouldn't have to sit around waiting for night in order to set my bed.