Nether portal glitch

Report hackers, or find out why you were banned
bumblebee34
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Nether portal glitch

Post by bumblebee34 »

me and my buddies base got griefed today. a couple of hidden chests were found, no big deal. the problem is that the guy who did it left a sign saying that he got into the house using the "nether portal glitch" ( he said his name was The_sculptor). i want to know whether this is bannable or not. also i want to know if anyone has more information about the glitch and how it works
Xestia
OP

Re: Nether portal glitch

Post by Xestia »

I believe that's the 'glitch' where nether portals aren't permanently linked to one another, that is you create a nether portal, walk through it, then walk back and you're at another nether portal. That isn't a glitch, but just how Mojang decided to design nether portals.

Of course I'm just guessing that's the glitch he was talking about, don't know about any other nether portal glitches.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

I found the guy on the server, talked to him but he swears he doesn't know anything about. Don't beleive him though...
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

I think he means he accidently ended up at your house, or he could've ended up 1k away. That hapenned with me the other day in the nether...
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

The algorithm used to determine nether portal exit is, as best as I can tell, screwy as all get-out. But it's been that way for a long time.