Q/A about world boundary

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

Q/A about world boundary

Post by Yukar9 »

I realize my attempt at remaining neutral in regards to the proposed world boundary have resulted in a lot of confusion about it. So I'd like to answer a few questions.

Firstly as nobody responded to my initial question about a proper deadline for the vote, I'm setting it to December 7.

Now, to explain how it would be performed (this is all if the world boundary passes)

Every person would have one base of any size, copied to a location within the boundary. There will be no time limit on this, however if you come back 5 months after the world boundary was added, you might need to wait a bit for an admin to move it for you.

The world boundary at 5k would mean nobody would be able to leave 5k, we would use a plugin for this. The boundary would be a square, with the 5k being the 4 center points on this square. Meaning you will still be able to travel to x:4999 z:4999 which is 7070 blocks from spawn.

Regarding the nether I'm still trying to find out how I'm technically going to do it, I might remove the 1:8 scale of the nether, and instead make it 1:1. But preferably I would keep the nether at 5k 5k, maintaining the 1:8 scale but where portals beyond 625 blocks from spawn in the nether will still link to portals within the 5k of the regular world. and in the worst case scenario the nether will receive a 625 block world boundary.

The End will remain infinite, but will be reset semi-frequently making secure base building there difficult.

People beyond the boundary will not be teleported to spawn, but once they enter the boundary they will be unable to leave again. And all beds beyond 5k will be removed, so anybody beyond 5k will have to stay alive to stay out there.

Those are the questions I've gotten so far, if you have more please just ask. I'll continue to answer questions here
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: Q/A about world boundary

Post by worldruler086 »

seems a bit redundant to allow people to build past the 5k (if they're already past the limit), yet are offering copies for buildings. most people build that far so they have the buildings safe, so putting them in the 5k limit seems counter-intuitive...
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Having your base moved is voluntary, I won't add the limit until the vote turns out in favor of the limit. and it is thoroughly announced ingame so people can build beyond the border at their own discretion. Regarding it being less safe, that's something to take up in the suggestion topic with the supporters of the suggestion, not here.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

So if i were to continue kicking it old school would i be able to get back home after doing a tp check on a hacker? Does the limit trump teleporting?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Well no, it ignores admins. As long as you don't abuse it and teleport back after you've died, you would be able to still check on hackers while staying at your base.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

How will the nether work out for people outside the limit? Will they end up inside the limit if they use the nether?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Nether Portals won't work outside the boundary.
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

lol
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

That's just plain lovely -.-
J_Prime
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by J_Prime »

If the Nether has a 625 block boundary, won't that severely limit the number of Nether Fortresses that can be found? New Netherwart will quickly run out, won't it?

JP