Piani's Base Was X-Rayed (We need reforms!)

Report hackers, or find out why you were banned
pianiseemo
OP

Piani's Base Was X-Rayed (We need reforms!)

Post by pianiseemo »

Perpetrators: turtlerancher and projectrien
Victims: YoungsMC and yours truly ;)

The story I heard from turtlerancher, dpylz, YoungsMC, LittleBoxofEmo, and other witnesses of the chats. Projectiren worked with turtlerancher, except he wasn't online so I couldn't hear his story.

Turtlerancher was swimming around in the ocean or whatever. Then he saw that "our entrance was left open" first, then his story changed to "oh there was light coming from entrance herp", then that changed to "oh herp chunk error", which then changed to "oh not the usual type of chunk error the type that goes away and keeps coming back while you're walking." Maybe the fourth chunk error is also known as x-ray, derp.

He first dug into my animal farm (which is underground but below land) because he heard cows moo-ing (which is semi-believable).

Then he got a chunk error and saw my base. So he happened to dig straight to my ladder and go down and proceed to raid everything with projectrien/TNT entire nice base. Yes, he didn't dig down, he dug exactly to the ladder.

Oh wait, but he also happened to find my mob trap which is about 80 blocks away and not connected at all. Once again, he dug straight to the entrance and did a little bit of Tnt'ing.

Basically, this is turtle's case:
His consistent story consists of an open entrance, transforming into light coming from a closed entrance, transforming into chunk error.

Apparently he must've chunk errored to my mob trap as well. Geez, what a lucky guy, chunk erroring to all my bases! And somehow the chunk error shows the ladders! So the ladders must've been on the edge of every chunk.

Unfortunately I couldn't hear projectrien's case directly, since he wasn't online to be interrogated.

Here is my case:
turtlerancher + projectrien = x-ray. BTW, should I also mention that turtlerancher was reported twice before for x-ray?

All I ask for is that I somehow get my base back (don't even care about the items). I don't care if I get my base back on this server, just if somehow I can videotape the old base as an example of a practical SMP pvp base lol (aka I get a rollback that I can put up on my own hamachi server or whatever).

Furthermore, this server needs serious antix-ray reform. Admins have zero access to antix-ray tools, and just as I was complaining about my base being raided, several others also talked about their bases being raided under suspicious circumstances.

I'll list out my proposals in a future post.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Re: Piani's Base Was X-Rayed (We need reforms!)

Post by Bloop the poop »

I talked about this in a previous post. Thank you for bringing this issue into the light piani.
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

Oh yeah, and proposal #1 is we ban projectrien and turtlerancher for this laughably obvious x-ray.

Protip: If you x-ray somebody's base, make sure to only x-ray in one area, x-raying 3 disconnected areas won't make your "chunk error" look very legit.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

Howdy piani- thanks for making this post.

I'd like to add a few more touches of clarification onto this topic though;

For those of you who do not understand, the type of chunk error "that comes and goes" is more of what happens when you get TP'ed to a location by an admin.
If you've ever been on a server with /spawn, you'd understand what I'm talking about. (FYI this might work a few times with /kill - you might see a lava cavern or two)

This happening at random without TP'ing is from what I know, impossible. An added to that, by looking at how this chunk error works, the edges of the chunk error would have to be exactly adjacent to the ladder in order to see the entrance.

However that is not the silly part of turtlerancher's story.

Not only did he grief pianiseemo's base, but he had also griefed the mob trap.
As I know from piani, these two structures were spread apart a good distance. I hate to give it away, but they were approx. 150 blocks apart (Piani might be right about 80 blocks, 150 is my guess.)

If turtlerancher were to see these from 150 blocks away, he would only be given the general area of where the entrance is. To be able to find the exact block where the ladder is on your first try for both of these structures is nearly impossible.

Now think about this- You have two spontaneous chunk errors that only last for around 5 seconds depending on how slow your computer is, and both of them happen to be exactly adjacent to the ladder.

And ofcourse, we can see that he's lying to pianiseemo by the way he changes his story.
dpy
OP

Post by dpy »

Seems as though this witch hunt has been resolved appropriately, but if not, here's my 2 cents:

Youngs alerted me when the raid began, and his first words were "i'm being x-rayed". I watched turtle and projectrien destroy the base (invisibly of course), but didn't see any hard evidence of x-ray or suspicious activities occurring. However, their story at the time for how they found it seemed very suspicious, and changed a number of times over the course of their explanation. For that reason, I'm inclined to call this a fairly blatant x-ray.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

This has been resolved ingame, right piani? If not please PM me

Closed