Advertisements & votes

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Yukar9
Admin

Advertisements & votes

Post by Yukar9 »

Two things I'd like to question you all on.

First is advertisements, when the website was redone I also added a visitor counter, and with the current amount of visits it looks like I can make slightly more money off advertisements than the server currently costs. Personally I think advertisements make a website look... well unclean in a way, I want to ask you all if advertisements would bother you.

Second is votes, we're jumping back and forth between first and second page of mcserverlist, and this is all despite us having 0 votes, if we started getting voted for we'd be at the top of the frontpage. So question is, would regular reminders to vote bother any of you?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: Advertisements & votes

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

1) I would do whatever you need to do reguarding advertisements. If donations are coming in steady and reliably enough so that you don't need any other form of payment, Ad's shouldn't be needed. However, if the donations are not secure, some extra revnue from the ads would be a good plan, however I don't think it would be wise to rely completely on advertisements.

2) YOU HAVE MY VOTES.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Well, since we began accepting donations in June (I think, might've been July) we've received 4 donations, it's not quite enough to pay the bills, but when this server was started I was planning to not even accept donations at all, and just pay the money out of my own pocket (it's not that much)
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

I guess than a good idea would be to allow whatever extra revenue you can get from the ads. Sounds like a plan. It shouldn't be fair for you to pay everything out of your own pocket, even if it isn't that much.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

1. Advertisements bother me, but if you need the money I'd be okay with it.
2. That wouldn't bother me at all.
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

The only kind of advertisment that really bothers me (and probably most people) are the nearly-fullscreen ones, that follow me around when I scroll.

It would be great if the server could pay for itself.
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

Could we try to get text ads? Instead of those annoying banner ones.

Also would free survey offers work? Try searching up SurveyRewards, there's other programs too. Sites like Kongregate/Casual Collective have them, basically you do surveys to make money for the server (and in turn get some virtual currency, not sure what we could use it for, perhaps a cool donator tag)

Also really nice job with the new forum lol
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Definitely, would be purely text ads. I'll try see how it is, try to make it fit in nicely.

I don't really know about free surveys, I can't really get anybody to vote for the server, doubt they'll take surveys for the server.

and thanks, albeit a lot of the credit goes to dpylz, and it's still a work in progress.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

I'm not a total internet noob i've learned to ignor ads just fine so go ahead and flood the page it won't efect me at all. I think an alternating login message anouncing a site players can vote at would be cool. I'd love to give you a donation but i'm a cash only kind of consumer so no paypal here. Wasn't there a topic some where that listed all the sites we can vote on help me find that i still need to do it
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

The forum you're looking for is "Helping the server" under Announcements, Rev.