The 1.1 Challenge

General minecraft related topics
FoSchnizzle
Moron

The 1.1 Challenge

Post by FoSchnizzle »

So, in 1.1, you can now generate flatland worlds! Woo! So, this challenge goes as follows:

1. Create a flatland world, with structure generation ON.

2. Enter this new world, and survive, with no mods, hacks, blah blah blah. Survive off of the villages and the chests you can find in the blacksmiths.

3. Your score is measured in XP levels and slimeballs, so post your scores here!

4. Once you die, you lose. You can reuse the world, but DO NOT recollect your old stuff. (Hardcore mode is optional, but not necessarily required, just in case yer a little bitch.)

5. There are some bonus challenges, only possible by collecting loot from village blacksmith's chests. Challenge 1: Gather a stack of obsidian. Challenge 2: Obtain a full set of iron armor. Challenge 3: Find at least 20 red apples. Challenge 4: Obtain 640 slimeballs. Challenge 5: Get your XP bar to level 50. Challenge 6: Get to the Nether. Challenge 7: Obtain 20 ghast tears. Challenge 8: Find nether wart. Challenge 9: Obtain 25 blaze rods. Challenge 10: Obtain 50 magma cream.

That's all i can think of at the moment, so feel free to post more challenge ideas and your personal bests here!
Last edited by FoSchnizzle on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: The 1.1 Challenge

Post by RevStoningpot »

are ther even 20 possible apples in only three strongholds?
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

No, Rev. In a flatland world, the world is all grass, mobs, (mostly slimes), and villages. As of the update, there is a chest within the small house connected to the smithy, which has loot that widely varies from obsidian to iron to apples to saplings to diamonds. As the world generates at level 4 or so, there is nothing underground aside from 3 layers of dirt and a layer of bedrock.
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

The challenge is interesting. I just got to get fraps or sth similar :)
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

In my current, operating world that i am yet to die in, i have 6 stacks of slimeballs, 5 apples, a few iron helmets, and 17 obsidian. I had a world where i managed to get 34 obsidian, but i died :(
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Make that 8 stacks of slimeballs, 3 diamond, and 26 obsidian. And I'm currently level 33 :D
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

hmmm interesting i havn't even looked at the flatworld yet i just might take your challange next server crash that leaves me with nothing to do
dpy
OP

Post by dpy »

Trying the challenge at the moment. Died the first couple times, then managed to get a good foothold. Looted one village thoroughly, moved on to another and set up a larger camp. Apple farm in the works. Also: Do village chests ever contain raw iron? If so, nether generates normally (found out via creative mode), so that opens up some possibilities too.

And damn, those slimes are gonna be the death of me.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

The slimes get easier to handle if you travel. I've been to at least 7 villages so far, and not too much trouble with slimes. I'm yet to find sheep (or spiders) for a bed, though, and so I just camp out on top of churches and then head off. In flatland, villages spawn WAY more frequently, so I haven't gone a single night in the open.
Last edited by FoSchnizzle on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

And yes, dpylz, village chests do contain raw iron. I ought to add some nether challenges as well.