5k Limit Poll

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Would you like to raise the 5k limit or install a tolling system on the border.

Yes - raise the 5k limit
21%
Yes - install a tolling system
43%
No - keep the 5k limit
36%

Total votes: 14

worldruler86
[rawr]

A Possible Mediated Solution to the Limit

Post by worldruler86 »

Hello, I had this idea floating in my head, and I think if there is any sort of mediated solution toward the upcoming 5k limit, it would be something similar to the idea I'm about to propose.

Alright, for starters, the limit would remain as such. We would have the limit at a pre-determined distance, for now, let's say it stays at the current 5k. We would have points along the limit that act as "gates", where if someone pays a hefty toll, something along the lines of 64 iron, or something outrageous, the player may pass the limit. However, the pass is only one-use, so if they wish to go back to inside the limit, they would need to pay the toll again. The game would remain normal outside the limit, beds would work, and the nether would be relatively unaffected (but how that will work with this proposal, I'm not sure). That way, those outside the limit will be free to do as they wish, and those inside don't have to worry about players hiking out, as they'd need to pay a toll to go past the limit.

I hope this is a manageable idea, as those I've told have given me great feedback. Please Discuss
TLRedemption
Noob

Re: A Possible Mediated Solution to the Limit

Post by TLRedemption »

I like this idea, it seems a bit difficult but should be considered.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

TLRedemption wrote:I like this idea, it seems a bit difficult but should be considered.
same here, as long as it's happening let's make it interesting.
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

I would want to test how the current limit set up works, but I"m totally cool with this idea.

In fact, I asked yukar about whether we could have multi-worlds (aka one group of players lives in a 5k border permanently and other doesn't, you choose which world you want to go to)
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

not bad eighther that would quickly prove which is the more desired as well
ccrh
[rawr]

Post by ccrh »

omg i like it
Box
in iron armor

Post by Box »

In support of, but only after we get a feel for the original limit and how that is percived, of course. Multiworld idea is another thing that could be thought through.
Ellidon
still building aboveground

Post by Ellidon »

I like it.
yourcreepyuncle
hated the previously assigned rank

5k Limit opposition

Post by yourcreepyuncle »

Yukarion, this is mainly for you to see. I know that you want to keep the 5k limit instated. However, could you please make someway to get outside the world limit, legally. If anything so you don't have to do any work, just let people cross by ender pearls. Or worldrulers idea of incorporating a tolling system of some ridiculous amount of iron at the border. Thank you,

-Yourcreepyuncle
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: 5k Limit opposition

Post by worldruler086 »

yourcreepyuncle wrote:Yukarion, this is mainly for you to see. I know that you want to keep the 5k limit instated. However, could you please make someway to get outside the world limit, legally. If anything so you don't have to do any work, just let people cross by ender pearls. Or worldrulers idea of incorporating a tolling system of some ridiculous amount of iron at the border. Thank you,

-Yourcreepyuncle
thanks for saying it was my idea (even though it recently has been brought up by others) Hopefully this catches on! we probably should campaign on the server...