New 5k Limit Poll

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Are you against or for the limit?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:39 am

Against the limit
55%
For the limit
35%
I don't care
10%

Total votes: 20

yourcreepyuncle
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: New 5k Limit Poll

Post by yourcreepyuncle »

I think this is a terrible idea. The more plugins we use, the less vanilla we become. I hate combat logging, but this is not the solution. If you really want to defeat a combat logger, set up a trap for when they log back on.
Gingeronamission
in diamond armor

Post by Gingeronamission »

i cant, if they are at spawn.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Then this has been discussed before, fight further than 5 blocks away from spawn.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

I think that the more problems we try and resolve, the more we create. Unless we can find something that makes everyone happy, just shut up and get over it all.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Make the server vanilla (besides the mod plug-ins, of course). So I can get onto a minecraft server where I can do what I would normally do in single player, but with people and actually have some larger goals involving other people, instead of being confined into an arena of 5km^2 where everyone outside it just gets to watch us like rats in a maze fight it out. Some of us want to lead a peaceful existance far away so we can't be ransacked so easily. Then we form transportation methods to get to and from the mainland, where we will raid things and bring them back to our secret base of secret.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

It's 10k^2, which is bigger than you think. I do think that in a few weeks or months, Yukar should have an official poll on repealing the boundary, but it's only been a month atm.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:Then this has been discussed before, fight further than 5 blocks away from spawn.
Psssssh... You guys!
You have 2 second godmode upon logging in.
This means fall traps don't work.

Unless you are pro at redstone and can make a trap that works, the combat logger prevails 99% of the time.

And "shut up and get over it" is a horrible attitude towards this problem, and foruming in general. Like I said, 20 seconds isn't harsh at all. If you log out in a dangerous area where you can die in 20 seconds, you are essentially combat-logging. And there's so many other solutions besides that 20 second penalty.

We could make it so that penalty only happens if you've taken damage in the last 10 seconds, or decrease it to 15 seconds. We could even get a plugin to get rid of the 2 second godmode. I really don't see why you people don't want to get anything done about combat logging, unless you are part of group that is misinformed (like lone), or combatlog yourself *cough**cough*

And for those of you who are saying this isn't vanilla, "shut up and get over it all."
Last edited by YoungsMC on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Youngs, the twenty seconds is far too much. I think that if something like this mist be implemented, make it ten. That's enough time I think. In twenty, you could be stumbled upon by someone else and killed.
yourcreepyuncle
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by yourcreepyuncle »

I mean i've killed combat loggers before by setting up lava traps. And they should just get rid of godmode.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

yourcreepyuncle wrote:I mean i've killed combat loggers before by setting up lava traps. And they should just get rid of godmode.
Diamond armor rips through lava. I've killed newbies at spawn who punch me outside glowstone and then log with lava, but lava is absolutely nothing to diamond armor.