New Spawn design

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Spawn Reform

Use this design
75%
Reform but not like this
13%
No reform
13%

Total votes: 8

RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

New Spawn design

Post by RevStoningpot »

http://www.mediafire.com/?goruz24y1hma6p0 for the world file

I propose 100% protection in the spawn with the 3 spaces of water outside being build protection with pvp. Also the water should be another space deep. Due to the lack of space i haven't built any thing underneath but would suggest using ladders inside buildings to get to portal, jail,challenge, etc.
not having the large outer field of no build pvp should ease much frustration in not being able to sabotage people on log out. And the lwater to ladder entrance to spawn makes jumping into safty a much harder way to evade combat. The towny type spawn also gives the little kids a place to play. Of coarse if the land destruction gets to harsh next to spawn it can be periodicly smoothed out by admins. So go ahead and try out he world file and give a vote.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Re: New Spawn design

Post by RevStoningpot »

I'd like to see somthing cool put in the bottom of the well I was thinking a set of super deadly challenges that lead to an ender portal.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

I like it, very smexy.
yourcreepyuncle
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by yourcreepyuncle »

Great design, but I kinda like the spawn we have atm...
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

I'm not too interested in having buildings on spawn what seems most important to me is getting rid of the no build pvp area mostly because it seems to be the sorce of every one's combat logging pains. So i just wanted to put a town on spawn to make up for the removal of the protected npc village. Also i feel it's quite quaint and if we were to do a multi map set up these buildings could be used for portals. I'd actualy suggest removing the farms as they are purely for looks. On that note if you vote yes to reform but don't like this please say how you'd change this or the current spawn to improve it. Also All the old topics on spawn change have been put together so you can go there and read up on prior public opinion.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

Well the vote's looking good in my favor however i'd like to see more than 3 votes. It feels like we only have about 5 people that frequent the forum these days.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

I vote yes, this looks terribly sexy.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

it would seem only 1 person has downloaded the world file, i highly suggest giving it a try the picture doesn't give a good idea of the combat reentry thwarting. again buildings are just for looks and are not the important part of the design. i belive the removal of the outer spawn is vital for stopping the logging out problem
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

After looking at it I have a few suggestions:

1. Remove the fence around the outside, otherwise the general spawn will get way to crowded. make the glowstone border 1-2 blocks thicker
2. Rise spawn above ground one block and make the water flow inwards under spawn and make it so a player can get under there, make it flow to a central point with lava or something like that, (This is a very rough idea) and that should help the combat logging issues. So basically you can sprint jump off the edge but you should'nt be able to get back into spawn....

also, I don't think a lot of these things are going to happen if Yukar takes a look at them and it seems he hasn't, as a lot of new suggestions have been going up lately and some of them have not had any replies from him. Even if everyone wants it, it won't happen unless yukar sees it and makes it happen.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

The fence could go the only reson for that is to channel people through a common point where they see a read the rules sign. But the main point of this design is that people can get back to spawn it's just harder to do it so people can't easily get out of combat by hopping back into the protected area. On that note i could see how water flowing outward could make it even harder to get to the ladders. Also keep in mind that i never hang out at spawn i'm just trying to think of somthing that would be benifitial to all those that do. Can i hear some opinions directed at the removal of the large no build zone around the spawn square? I know yukar likes it to look nice but i don't see why he can't just reset the nearby area once in a while. also i think that protection keeps players safe from mobs as well which is kind of lame.