The limit

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
yourcreepyuncle
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: The limit

Post by yourcreepyuncle »

I mean I think its good that yukar is addressing it....
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

Gingeronamission wrote:WE WANT THE LIMIT.
And by we, I mean me.
And me. For those who don't understand the arguments for keeping it, here's a mathematical explanation:
probability of human interaction = amount of humans / area.
Make the map size infinite and the probability drops to 0. You know what it's called? Singleplayer.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Fuck that shit, I want human interaction when I damn well please. Infinite Map = Interact with people whenever the hell you want rather than be paraniod all the time if your base is going to be a pit of lava when you next log in.

My argument > Yours.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:Fuck that shit, I want human interaction when I damn well please. Infinite Map = Interact with people whenever the hell you want rather than be paraniod all the time if your base is going to be a pit of lava when you next log in.

My argument > Yours.
This is how i feel about 90% of the time, worried that when i log on i have to deal with more x-ray/chunk error bullshit.
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:...rather than be paraniod all the time if your base is going to be a pit of lava when you next log in.
Play on a wimpy anti-grief no-pvp server maybe? Or learn to build safe bases? Is this SimplicityPVP or SimplicityKinergarten?

When I joined this server, I imagined the lifecycle would be 1) build 2) arm 3) fight.
But you guys suggest it should be 1) walk 999999 blocks 2) play singleplayer 3) use ingame chat to emote about how many diamonds you got and how laggy cave spiders are or OMG I GOT OVER 9000 WHEAT FROM MY FARM.

Xestia has way more balls than any of you, even though she's got none. Even f*in oreo was more fun than this.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

Gnatogryz wrote:
LoneSoldier55 wrote:...rather than be paraniod all the time if your base is going to be a pit of lava when you next log in.
Play on a wimpy anti-grief no-pvp server maybe? Or learn to build safe bases? Is this SimplicityPVP or SimplicityKinergarten?

When I joined this server, I imagined the lifecycle would be 1) build 2) arm 3) fight.
But you guys suggest it should be 1) walk 999999 blocks 2) play singleplayer 3) use ingame chat to emote about how many diamonds you got and how laggy cave spiders are or OMG I GOT OVER 9000 WHEAT FROM MY FARM.

Xestia has way more balls than any of you, even though she's got none. Even f*in oreo was more fun than this.
My only problem is that you can't hide your base from x-rayers and chunk error abusers, if they find you and grief you, you're done for, it's a matter of luck if you get your stuff back, that's why i'd like to live a bit further away, not "999999 blocks".
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Very few people live anywhere near 999999 blocks out. I've constantly lived within 10k, and within 5k for all but one base. And I've only been raided once, maybe twice, depending on what you consider a raid.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

The point being the server is supposed to be "vanilla", which entails "Single Player with others" the way minecraft was intended to be played. I find it quite disheartening to log in to find everything that you've ever gotten in the server to be stolen and incinerated. Perhaps this isn't the server for you.
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:The point being the server is supposed to be "vanilla", which entails "Single Player with others" the way minecraft was intended to be played.
But then again, why does the server have PVP in the title, and why is the motto "killing, stealing and griefing is encouraged"? Also, minecraft is a sandbox game. There is no single way it's meant to be played.
LoneSoldier55 wrote:I find it quite disheartening to log in to find everything that you've ever gotten in the server to be stolen and incinerated. Perhaps this isn't the server for you.
Learn to take defeat like a man. I've lost 4 bases so far, and I am doing fine, thank you. No risk, no fun (and no balls).
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Yeah, lone, when you play with others, it's not going to be all prissy little "ooh hello let's build together!" you get raided. You lose things. You find new things. You deal with it.