leofanx
still building aboveground

1.8 Pre-release

Post by leofanx »

jeb and notch released a pre-release version of minecraft 1.8

Clients/players only: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/minecraft.jar

Servers only: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/min ... server.jar

Enjoy!

Note: It's *pre-release*, expect some bugs/glitches.

For those of you who don't know how to try it out (windows users):
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Go to Start
Go to run
Type in %appdata%
Hit enter
Go to the .minecraft folder
Go to the \bin folder
Rename your minecraft.jar to something like originalminecraft.jar
Copy and paste the new 1.8 minecraft.jar into your \bin folder
Launch minecraft and enjoy.

To revert back to minecraft 1.7.3: simply rename the 1.8 minecraft.jar to something like: minecraft18.jar and rename your originalminecraft.jar to minecraft.jar
Xestia
OP

Re: 1.8 Pre-release

Post by Xestia »

Interesting, I haven't quite understood the health system in 1.8 yet, but it seems as though healing is a very slow process. This could change the pvp system pretty dramatically.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

it keeps closing unexpectedly but from what i've seen so far i hope not all trees have vines all over them.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

okay i finally found a town. Very unimpressive and it was just a ghost town. Arn't they supposed to have npcs in them. but the crashing is unbearable java gives me C 0x000084c1 as a problematic frame is that something i can fix or is it all on the developers? any how i'm giving up on that. thanks any way.
leofanx
still building aboveground

Post by leofanx »

Note: It's *pre-release*, expect some bugs/glitches.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

yes i caught that it's just so bad it crashes sometimes right when i get on. and given the awfulness of other updates it worries me that this problem won't be fixed all that promptly. By the way i found a couple canyons they are very awsome the one i found under ground was even more wicked just a huge dark gap with lava far down below. and the new monster was creepy as hell but easily killed before i could see how bad it attacks. Any one know any crafting that can be done in the pre release?
CaptainKirov
OP

Post by CaptainKirov »

Yes, the caves, canyons etc. are definitely awesome. Caves are also much larger now.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

the mines are cool to but a bit funny in places.. but i this its going to be better in 1.9XD
dpy
OP

Post by dpy »

RevStoningpot wrote:okay i finally found a town. Very unimpressive and it was just a ghost town. Arn't they supposed to have npcs in them. but the crashing is unbearable java gives me C 0x000084c1 as a problematic frame is that something i can fix or is it all on the developers? any how i'm giving up on that. thanks any way.
NPC's have been delayed to a later update -- they won't be in 1.8. Minus the crashes and bugs, the pre-release is essentially what 1.8 will be like. Nothing major will be added or changed for the initial 1.8 release.

That said, I'm pretty pumped after playing with it a little bit -- new terrain generation is /awesome/.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Yeah, it seems armor has been given a huge boost to compensate the removal of healing. It'll be interesting to see how the real combat is.