Potion of Harmings glitched?

General minecraft related topics
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Re: Potion of Harmings glitched?

Post by YoungsMC »

Gnatogryz wrote:
YoungsMC wrote:I went to spawn unarmed and said "Hi" to Gnatogryz, trying to pretend that I had nothing with me when I really had a few damage potions in my hotbar.
He assumed that I just did /kill to check out spawn or something, and that's when I started spamming pots at him. He didn't take any damage even though they were all direct hits!
I didn't hear the potions breaking sound, it looks like the server is ignoring your potions. When Immerone threw pots at me, they worked fine (sound+damage).

As a matter of fact, I didn't even know you were throwing pots at me, but it's good to know that you aint a friendly dude ;)
I don't think it's just me because I've seen many other people have this problem. I don't why you didn't hear the sound of the pots, I heard them.
I'm relatively friendly too.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Potions work fine when I'm using it, is it still glitching?
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

This has been going on for a while up until yesterday. I'll test it again.
waronchickens97
in diamond armor

Post by waronchickens97 »

Potions of harming still not working for me at all I can't do damage to other players even with direct hits or hits beside their feet. Tested it with about 10 pots the other day, couldn't do damage.
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

I've just fought PeaceOnEarth. His potions did 0 damage to me.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I just checked again, both on Yukarion and on my non-op alt instant damage potions worked perfectly. Could there be something I missed that's causing this glitch? Under which circumstances do the potions not work?
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Screw instant damage, fire aspect ftw.... And Yuk I think maybe because your the owner and you get best connection n everything it's understandable that you wouldn't get as many giltches....eg potion of harming.
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

There were no special circumstances. I didn't lag, neither did Peace, he just threw 2 potions, one of which was 100% direct hit (the block I was standing on).

The potions do work on me, because i got hurt while farming spiders with them today (I spilt some on my shirt lol).
Bloop the poop wrote:Screw instant damage, fire aspect ftw...
Peace had Fire Aspect, I came out with over 50% hp. Fire Protection ftw ;)
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

bloop yukar dont have the best connection... he dont have the server in his basement;)
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

Yukar9 wrote:I just checked again, both on Yukarion and on my non-op alt instant damage potions worked perfectly. Could there be something I missed that's causing this glitch? Under which circumstances do the potions not work?
When I tested it, the potions didn't work no matter who threw it or how far away the potion was. Even after wasting several potions on myself, it still didn't do any damage. So the glitch most likely has to do with the player itself, somehow gaining immunity to the potion. I just threw another potion at myself and it worked fine. I don't think it has anything to do with special circumstances regarding the potion or where it's from.