Free HDTV. Not a scam and REQUIRED by (at least USA) LAW!

Discuss anything not related to minecraft
Fluz43
in iron armor

Free HDTV. Not a scam and REQUIRED by (at least USA) LAW!

Post by Fluz43 »

A recent study shows that 80% of cable/paid TV service customers didn't know that you could even get free TV. Now this may not mean free sports and such (in my case I do get free sports), but if you live near a big/average city, all you need to do is buy an antenna and hook it up to your TV. Bam, you will have government TV and news. What I got to get over an obstacle (mountain) is a Clearstream 2 antenna and I get 1080i TV for free. It is more crisp than a brand new dollar bill. This antenna is 50 miles range, but if I hook it up to an amplifier to get more strength, I get 75 out of it.

That is why I get annoyed when I go downtown and see satellite dishes (Dish and DirecTV) and see people are pretty much paying for them to lower the quality of what you can get for fucking FREE!

Just sayin.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: Free HDTV. Not a scam and REQUIRED by (at least USA) LAW

Post by RevStoningpot »

tv has been free forever this is nothing new
Fluz43
in iron armor

Post by Fluz43 »

I said just sayin'. Doesn't mean that it just happened.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

i don't understand this whole satelite thing . back in my day you buy a dish and a control box and you get free tv. Why did people switch to service that you have to pay for montly only to end up with tv that's nothing more than cable that won't work in bad weather?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Fluz43 wrote:A recent study shows that 80% of cable/paid TV service customers didn't know that you could even get free TV. Now this may not mean free sports and such (in my case I do get free sports), but if you live near a big/average city, all you need to do is buy an antenna and hook it up to your TV. Bam, you will have government TV and news. What I got to get over an obstacle (mountain) is a Clearstream 2 antenna and I get 1080i TV for free. It is more crisp than a brand new dollar bill. This antenna is 50 miles range, but if I hook it up to an amplifier to get more strength, I get 75 out of it.

That is why I get annoyed when I go downtown and see satellite dishes (Dish and DirecTV) and see people are pretty much paying for them to lower the quality of what you can get for fucking FREE!

Just sayin.
That... Sounds... Hard...
Lazyness gene kicking in.
waronchickens97
in diamond armor

Post by waronchickens97 »

Umm Fluz, satellite tv gets a far better signal than analogue. This is obvious to anyone who has ever used both services. And what was that about it not working in bad weather? The only way your sattelite dish is gonna stop is if a tornado rips it off your roof.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

well that's only because sattellite is just cable tv with a pointless orniment stuck to your house so all your neighbors can see it. Honestly todays dishes have a cable. Original dishes didn't have to be hooked up to any outside system. And personally i've never used satellite but i've heard people bitching about lost signals a lot. And the original point isn't that you get a better signal it's that you get a free signal. My point was that the old big dishes, although expensive to set up, also gave a free signal.

I remember when tvs switched to the new signal that the local cable company was offering the regular channels for 10$ a month in non HD cable. I don't remember what people were paying for those conversion boxes but certainly it would be better than 120$ for a year of, should be, free tv.

I never payed for tv since cable still had commercials. I don't see the point in paying for some thing that has already been payed for by advetisements. But then i gave up watching any commercial tv since i can just watch netflix. Which i have to pay for but i don't have to be bludgeoned by salesmen.