Three Words

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

Three Words

Post by Yukar9 »

A base named Three Words was found earlier this year using methods that have been ruled illegal.

Anyone who got the coords to Three Words directly or indirectly through this method is prohibited from going to Three Words or sharing those coords.
Anthand
[rawr]

Re: Three Words

Post by Anthand »

I have a base near it, as well as several portals, which are close enough that it would be beyond reasonable doubt that I wouldn't stumble upon three words again. Am I to abandon these posts as well? What will come of pilfered items? Is it really appropriate to restore a base which at the time was found legally? As someone personally affected by all of these questions, I need answers. A two sentence 'announcement' is not enough.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

Anthand wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:27 pm I have a base near it, as well as several portals, which are close enough that it would be beyond reasonable doubt that I wouldn't stumble upon three words again. Am I to abandon these posts as well? What will come of pilfered items? Is it really appropriate to restore a base which at the time was found legally? As someone personally affected by all of these questions, I need answers. A two sentence 'announcement' is not enough.
Not unexpected at all that you're the one to complain.

Pilfered items are gone, done, forever. If you wanna keep them, they're yours. Items cannot be restored anyway so there's no fear of duping (but Three Words was also too long ago to be effectively restored, so it's a moot point).

Portals, you'll have to wait for Yukar's opinion.

If you feel bothered or "personally affected" feel free to not use obviously overpowered exploits and mislead admins into allowing you to in the future.
Anthand
[rawr]

Post by Anthand »

KoriJenkins wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:03 am
Anthand wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:27 pm I have a base near it, as well as several portals, which are close enough that it would be beyond reasonable doubt that I wouldn't stumble upon three words again. Am I to abandon these posts as well? What will come of pilfered items? Is it really appropriate to restore a base which at the time was found legally? As someone personally affected by all of these questions, I need answers. A two sentence 'announcement' is not enough.
Not unexpected at all that you're the one to complain.

Pilfered items are gone, done, forever. If you wanna keep them, they're yours. Items cannot be restored anyway so there's no fear of duping (but Three Words was also too long ago to be effectively restored, so it's a moot point).

Portals, you'll have to wait for Yukar's opinion.

If you feel bothered or "personally affected" feel free to not use obviously overpowered exploits and mislead admins into allowing you to in the future.
No need to pretend as if you hold authority Kori. I spoke to Yukarion about it, and got the information I was looking for. As to your last statement, wait until admins mislead *you* into thinking hundreds of hours of effort won't be for nothing.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

Anthand wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:26 am No need to pretend as if you hold authority Kori. I spoke to Yukarion about it, and got the information I was looking for. As to your last statement, wait until admins mislead *you* into thinking hundreds of hours of effort won't be for nothing.
It's funny you say that now because you're actually incredibly unfortunate that I don't or did not hold a position of authority when you first did this.

First off I wrote the damn policy. If anyone knows enough to speak from a position of authority on it, it's probably me. Also wrote the post requesting this base specifically be brought back as it was easily doable and spoke to Yukar about that more than once. But since you seem to think I'm so against you, I'm not even the one who decided to include Three Words and "previously-legal exploits" in the BRP nor did I think it should be included.

Second you can take the "hundreds of hours" and stick it. Not for one second do I believe you spent hundreds of hours figuring out where two dogs were looking, and if it actually took you hundreds of hours like you say it did, you're either poor or dumb.

Third, the "hundreds of hours" you claim to have invested using this are irrelevant and insignificant next to the thousands put into building Three Words over 5 months. You chose to put hundreds of hours into something to fuck other people over. Before you try and say you were just doing this because of a war, I'd remind you that you asked basemates to supply you with 2 tamed wolves each, clearly intending on using them against them. Why you expect any kind of sympathy for your lost time is beyond me given that you wanted to use this maliciously against allies as well as enemies.

As to my opening point. If I had been in a position of authority, you'd have actually saved those "hundreds of hours" because, in your words, I never would've let you use this method. You're right. This was not emergent gameplay as you love to say it was. This was an unintended mechanic being exploited for personal gain. You cannot sensibly argue that an animal would know where it's owner was tens of millions of blocks away, the real world equivalent of tens of thousands of kilometers.

And spare me the depression over your lost time. You chose to do this, and the musings of Three Words being made private again started well before the BRP was even considered on these forums. You're literally unable to comprehend other people and the impact your actions have on them. You care only about your own time that was lost, and not the time lost that you've inflicted on Wilburia, Three Words, even Pepe's Holy Land.

But sure, believe that I despise you and just wanted to make the work you put in irrelevant. Believe the admins are biased in favor of Lord1 like Sellout appears to. Troll me because I'm not an admin if you think that fact bothers me. I've never spoken as one; I've only spoken as the creator of the policy that you're complaining about, something I believe is beneficial to the server and something I'll defend vehemently. If you confuse coherent arguments for "pretending to be an authority" that's on you. Sorry I'm not a cringey git like the rest of the server. I literally write 25 page papers for breakfast, that "official" tone bleeds over into everything else.

"Is it appropriate to restore a base which at the time was found legally?"

Yes it is. It was Yukar's idea (not mine) because he recognized it was a mistake to give you permission to do it, and recognized that the mistake had hurt other players (Lord1 being basically homeless, Tenced quitting).
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

AntHand, CEO of being utterly btfo
Lord1
[rawr]

Post by Lord1 »

o_o i'm suprised anthand hasnt overdosed from too many L's