AFK disconnect

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Ellidon
still building aboveground

Re: AFK disconnect

Post by Ellidon »

That's buys you about 30 minutes which would be below the limit. 24.1sec for half hunger times 64 melons is 1542.4sec. Divide that by 60 and you get 25.7min. Add in time it takes to eat the melon and we can call it 30min. You'll starve before 40.
U_B
[rawr]

Post by U_B »

Go to a corner and put a marble on the forward key.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

But then you wouldn't be moving.

I don't really see this as a problem to this. If somebody actually finds a practical way to bypass the AFK system, and it's causing problems, we can just ask them nicely to stop.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Ellidon wrote:That's buys you about 30 minutes which would be below the limit. 24.1sec for half hunger times 64 melons is 1542.4sec. Divide that by 60 and you get 25.7min. Add in time it takes to eat the melon and we can call it 30min. You'll starve before 40.
You fail to account for Saturation, which can be up to an extra 20 hunger points.
Ellidon
still building aboveground

Post by Ellidon »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:
Ellidon wrote:That's buys you about 30 minutes which would be below the limit. 24.1sec for half hunger times 64 melons is 1542.4sec. Divide that by 60 and you get 25.7min. Add in time it takes to eat the melon and we can call it 30min. You'll starve before 40.
You fail to account for Saturation, which can be up to an extra 20 hunger points.
I didn't even know that was a thing...anyways taking into account the melon's saturation level of 1.2, we must add on an extra 61min. This brings the total time(not including the melon munching) up to 87.3min or an 1hour and 27.4min. So yeah, that screws that up pretty good. Not to mention that cooked cow has a foodSaturationLevel(fsl) of 12.8 which can add on approximately 10hours. Thanks for the heads up Lone.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Regardless of all this afk system, there is a pretty easy way to bypass this. A player on another server I played on bypassed auto-kick during mob grinding by simply using an autoclicker while standing in front of the mobs. The only way to prevent this is to have mods check in on extremely inactive players, maybe they should get an alert when a player has been inactive for 40 mins.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Ellidon wrote:
LoneSoldier55 wrote:
I didn't even know that was a thing...anyways taking into account the melon's saturation level of 1.2, we must add on an extra 61min. This brings the total time(not including the melon munching) up to 87.3min or an 1hour and 27.4min. So yeah, that screws that up pretty good. Not to mention that cooked cow has a foodSaturationLevel(fsl) of 12.8 which can add on approximately 10hours. Thanks for the heads up Lone.
A golden apple's satuartion level is 20.
Brntrogdor
[rawr]

Post by Brntrogdor »

So has this been implemented yet? It is a great idea, though I do mob farm quite a bit now I do try to keep the numbers down by killing them all every half hour to 45 minutes.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

try 5-10 minutes
Coolham24
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Coolham24 »

Another way to bypass would be to use a Beacon to heal while starving.