Thoughts on a new map?

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
EggThief
in iron armor

Thoughts on a new map?

Post by EggThief »

The map has only been reset once in the past couple of years since I've been here. Last time it was due to the big 1.8 beta update which came with a lot of new terrain features. 1.7 is supposed to be "The update that changed the world." As you know there are lots of new biomes and improvements etc. with this update and some past ones that most of us won't ever see on the simplicity map unless you go a few hundred thousand of blocks out. So I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks about a map reset, and Yukar what you would be willing to put up with in terms of carrying over items and/or bases over should one day people want a map reset.
FoSchnizzleTheSecond
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: Thoughts on a new map?

Post by FoSchnizzleTheSecond »

I vote total reset, no carry-overs. Playing on the 1.7 server dpylz set up made me realize how much fun all of that was.

We started with nothing, we teamed with our friends that we have made over the years here, and we set out. We made bases less than a thousand blocks from spawn, and they were raided. We turned around and raided right back. There was fighting, there was betrayal, there was loot to be had, achievements to be gained, and notoriety to earn.

It was glorious, and I want that out of Simplicity. Most of you disagree because of the precious time you've spent creating silly things here, but in the end, multiplayer is about teamwork and interaction, none of which happens when the first thousand blocks are barren wasteland, and people are riding horses on the nether roof to millions of blocks away.

I vote total reset. Nothing carried over. A perfectly blank slate, with nothing but the acquaintances we have.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

miniwimi wrote:Though I agree with your point, I don't want to have the map reset. Think about players builds and what not. If you want 1.7 chunks, go there.
I know people have made crazy builds here, and there's a lot I don't want to see left behind either. Which is why I'm asking Yuk what he would be willing to transfer. Also the only thing I don't like about going so far out is then you're cut off from the rest of the world unless you spend all that time travelling back.

Also if there was a new map we'd get horses much closer to spawn.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

FoSchnizzleTheSecond wrote:I vote total reset, no carry-overs. Playing on the 1.7 server dpylz set up made me realize how much fun all of that was.

We started with nothing, we teamed with our friends that we have made over the years here, and we set out. We made bases less than a thousand blocks from spawn, and they were raided. We turned around and raided right back. There was fighting, there was betrayal, there was loot to be had, achievements to be gained, and notoriety to earn.

It was glorious, and I want that out of Simplicity. Most of you disagree because of the precious time you've spent creating silly things here, but in the end, multiplayer is about teamwork and interaction, none of which happens when the first thousand blocks are barren wasteland, and people are riding horses on the nether roof to millions of blocks away.

I vote total reset. Nothing carried over. A perfectly blank slate, with nothing but the acquaintances we have.
I kinda like the sound of that. And I agree with your point about multiplayer is about interaction, I guess that's why I spend so much time at spawn. While I'm not opposed to the huge amazing creations here, and some of which are useful, multiplayer builds are never safe. Not just from raids but also, god forbid, a server shutdown.

But for the players who did put a lot of time into builds I think it would be nice for them to be able to transfer their base over, perhaps at the same coordinates because it would be discouraging to see it all go away. And what I liked most about last time was the chest of items we got to keep because doing all that mining and resource collecting again would suck.
Last edited by EggThief on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

FoSchnizzleTheSecond wrote:I vote total reset, no carry-overs. Playing on the 1.7 server dpylz set up made me realize how much fun all of that was.

I miss that feeling too, but how will resetting everyone bring that back? Dpy's server is a different case because it's temporary, and most people on the forum know that, so they build close to spawn. But resetting on yukar's server will just either have the really stingy people quit, or they will go out a million blocks again.
Last edited by TLRedemption on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el_andres96

Post by el_andres96 »

I would say no to this idea, I am aware that a lot of people on this server are currently building giant bases, they're gathering resources to build a big base in 1.7 and it wouldn't be fair for them to lose their work because of another shitty update that doesn't bring any major stuff in it apart from some new biomes that you can still find at 15k in the current map.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

el_andres96 wrote:I would say no to this idea, I am aware that a lot of people on this server are currently building giant bases, they're gathering resources to build a big base in 1.7 and it wouldn't be fair for them to lose their work because of another shitty update that doesn't bring any major stuff in it apart from some new biomes that you can still find at 15k in the current map.
It would suck to lose a giant base, last time yukar was willing to transfer ones over he approved, and hopefully in the event of a reset that would happen again. But new biomes 15k from spawn? Sorry but that's bullshit. You would be hard-pressed to find new chunks within 100k from spawn. This map has been around for longer and had more traffic than you might realize.
el_andres96

Post by el_andres96 »

Still, many of the people who are willing to go farther to make a base use nether travel. So a lot of chunks never got loaded. You have a chance of finding new biomes on those chunks.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

The 1.7 Beta map is practically a chunk of history now and should be preserved.

No.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

el_andres96 wrote:Still, many of the people who are willing to go farther to make a base use nether travel. So a lot of chunks never got loaded. You have a chance of finding new biomes on those chunks.
Sure people do, but many also haven't. It's impossible to know but once we update if you find any 1.7.2 land within 100k radius of spawn I'll pay you diamond blocks.