Not good perspectives

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
Mattias480
still building aboveground

Not good perspectives

Post by Mattias480 »

It's boring. All players are far away(10 players?), new ones doesn't want to stay because, nobody is there, or they get killed by the old players that have alternate nicks. Of course they are wearing the best armor and weapons for the hard kill. Which are noobs, who doesn't have anything. All older players have gone far away from spawn, to build there and be safe alone or with a partner. Map is ugly near spawn. The only value of this wasteland, is that it reflects the age of server and that it's anarchy. When bukkit updates, nothing changes. Some oldies who may be near spawn, still move away to new biomes, which are 10's of thousands blocks away. These facts are not very welcoming to new players as well. Looks like, the only point is to kill or troll newbies or to drive them away.. This server really needs a change or some advertising..Reset near spawn, or something else, that's nothing new and has discussed before. I just wanted to say what i think. Also i dont understand why people don't vote, it takes only few minutes and helps to promote the server.
TLRedemption
Noob

Re: Not good perspectives

Post by TLRedemption »

I don't see what the point of making this thread was, do you want people to suggest ideas on how to make it better? Or was it purely for you to write your thoughts?
Mattias480
still building aboveground

Post by Mattias480 »

Read again. I can make it bold and underline, if u dont find it. Of course it has a point, it's meant to be read by other players on this server, and they can write their thoughts about it, if they feel like. That's why i posted to this forum. Or they can just post random +1 shit.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

I still help spawnlings...
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

we just resently had a couple of votes on this matter.. the first one was about a world reset.. this was strongly voted down. the second was about banning nether roof banning and thats still in despute but the devide was about 50%.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

One issue we haven't talked about is resetting the first 200 or so blocks around spawn, where there's no ruins just a wasteland. I can't be for sure but my guess it that having it reset every once in a while would help spawnlings start out and hopefully not deter so many from leaving right away.

Also at spawn what if we had a few signs answering the most frequently asked questions? Like why is the spawn a wasteland? We don't reset the map. Why are there no trees? New players chop them down but don't replant. Where can I find food? Farther out from spawn where there's less griefing. Something like that. I bet plenty of newcomers don't really know what kind of server this is. when they join.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

Mattias480 wrote:Read again. I can make it bold and underline, if u dont find it. Of course it has a point, it's meant to be read by other players on this server, and they can write their thoughts about it, if they feel like. That's why i posted to this forum. Or they can just post random +1 shit.
Alright, smartass, thing is this has already been discussed quite often, we have a "helping the server" thread for this too. So, I assumed you had already gone through that, but it looks like you haven't, hence this thread.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

I've been having similar thoughts Mattias. You know, when Yukar had that 1.7 temp server up, it made me realize that vanilla anarchy pvp was pretty fun to play with a fresh spawn point. Yeah there were a lot of immature kids, but that paranoid feeling you get thinking about the fact that anyone could ambush you at any point was present. Plus everyone near spawn is competing for resources, space, capabilities, etc. The ones who joined actually stayed and played on the server for a while, not took a look around and left. There was tons of raiding, griefing, and fighting, the reason people come here in the first place.

The griefed spawn may act as a "filter" for immature players but I fear it also acts as a filter for new players in general. It robs them of the competitive team-pvp aspect of vanilla anarchy because newcomers have to spread out too far to build a sustainable base. My argument isn't that it's "too hard" for them, but just that the noobs are deprived of early-game relationships that they form when teaming near spawn. They're supposed to make friends and enemies their first couple days on the server, but they can't really do that if they need to walk several hundred blocks to find a tree. It honestly just isn't any fun.

All the oldies out there will probably disagree with me, but spawn wasn't as griefed back then as it is now- you had the chance to form early alliances and compete with others in the proper manner thanks to a relatively fresh spawn. Ask yourself if you would have even stayed on the server if you joined with spawn as it is now.

I think there was an attempted remedy to this problem by adding /world. Noobs are usually better off trying to survive there, but it still doesn't bring back the things we're missing with the griefed spawn. I used to be against resetting it, but I really think we should try it out and see how it works- the first 200 block or so like Eggthief said. If it makes things worse, we could always bring back the wasteland.
deflowvesper
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by deflowvesper »

miniwimi wrote:Maybe reset spawn in a 250 radius every month?
Reseting every month is just ridiculous. If this idea were to be supported and eventually accepted, i would prefer a one time reset 1k radius around spawn (until someone suggest another reset in the future). it does seem pretty lonely that we hardly get new players in the server, its been a month(or more) since we've had Wolfbitten join the server and ever since then we barely get new players stay for more than 10 minutes.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

I couldn't agree more morlock. That's what made the early days of this server so exciting. Like in the 1.7 map when it wasn't unheard of for bases to be 2 or 3k out. It was way easier to find people and fight or have raids or team or even just say hello. Most people don't want to go back to playing like that obviously. People build much nicer bases now that take way more time and effort. Which you need to to be able to make top notch gear like potions and enchanted weapons and armor etc. And the only way to keep those bases safe is distance. So I don't know if that's just the nature of the game now but I really want to see more player interaction occur like it used to.