[Serious] Video Games

Discuss anything not related to minecraft
PlanetFijiBurger
[rawr]

Re: [Serious] Video Games

Post by PlanetFijiBurger »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:Ill put down just some of the stupid shit:

Game looks like PS2 graphics tier.
Reflections are a static cubemap image that doesn't change perspective at all.
You can hack a fucking grenade on someone to blow them up.
The billboards can be hacked to show some EPIC memes from 2007 that the developers tried to put it in to appeal to reddit.
Gunplay feels rubber
Final boss is a quick time event.
"Press and hold X to win"
AI is dumb as a rock
Troll Soldier strikes again.

PS2 grapics? Well, Watch Dogs's graphics are actually pretty satisfing, number one, number two, saying graphics have anything to do with the game's quality is absurd, you're becoming adjacent to mediocre.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Other then the fact that the game is unoptimized as shit and the lastest-gen PC's of today running SLI top tier graphics cards struggle to pull solid 60 FPS on ultra? And that's for merely "Satisfying" Graphics. Crysis 1 has Satisfying graphics to this day, and that was seven fucking years ago. Ubishit promised this game to be a groundbreaking GTA V killer, however there's a suprising lack of physics and things to even do, with an underwhelming 16 missions, most of them being "go to this area and hold X for a bit"

Not to mention they were almost as bad as burgerlands in cramming as many ebin may mays xddd into it as they could, but I guess that just appeals to you, doesn't it?

A game that's promised to look good and comes out looking mediocore has everything to do with a game's quality. Metacritic is giving this game mid 80's in its scores, while user reviews are around 4-6.
Also, why the fuck are you here you piece of garbage. You're not even commenting on any other points, just making a strawman about Graphics and how they don't matter, which they do.
deflowvesper
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by deflowvesper »

TLRedemption wrote:
deflowvesper wrote:
LoneSoldier55 wrote:
deflowvesper wrote:Anyone here waiting for the release of Watchdogs?
Absolute trash do not buy.
You think so? im not sure if you are being sarcastic or not lol. i heard a decent few rumors about how good this game will be, i dont really pay much attention on "street" rumors but when i took a peak on the trailer, i though it looked promising. What made you think it isn't worth it? i didn't really do much research on this and im thinking of saving for The Evil Within and pokemon sapphire and ruby remake so might just save the dough for a better recipe.
Everyone's excited for the game, but it's promising too much, especially since they've already underdelivered on the graphics front, if you look at their old E3 demo the game looks gorgeous, look at the current and it's nothing like it, maybe the PC version will let you do it, but I've heard that it doesn't look much better.
Im really glad that i didnt buy the game right after the release. the game is currently getting hell lots of bad reviews on steam. I suppose i was expecting too much from Ubisoft, what a let down.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

http://puu.sh/960x0/dd997c610e.png Basically sums up the issues with it.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Plus cars are literally indestructable without explosives, so.

It's a shitty GTA clone minus the fun.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

On a side note, are there any games that anyone's particularly excited for? Quantum Break looks pretty good, I'm hoping to see some more gameplay at e3. The division is promising, but its been pushed so far ahead that by the time its released the games hype will have died down. The same thing happened with ghost recon future soldier...it had the potential to be great but the game was released two years after its initial debut.

E3 schedule: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/46 ... ed-titles/

The Witcher 3 looks great and promising but It's just not my kind of game. Not sure about Far Cry 4, because all there is out is boxart right now.

This other thing is kinda offtopic but I'm kinda let down that ubisoft is trying to work on so many games at once to make deadlines, and ending up with half-assed products like watchdogs which could've been so much better. I know as of now they're working on Far Cry 4, The Division, The crew, Assassins Creed Comet, and Assassins Creed Unity. I've heard that part of the problem is that they have a ton of different studios in mutliple continents across the world, plus the sizes of the studios vary. Apparently they have a lot of really good developers on their team, but the management is absolute shit and a lot of good ideas get shot down to meet deadlines.

I wish game companies these days would actually take the time to make a good game, the way they envisioned it to be. :(
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

The Divide or whatever that new Tom Clancy game is looks alright, but too MMO so it makes it look like a grindfest.

Space Engineers is pretty good right now, still in alpha and every thursday they add something new to it.
DayZ is getting better soon(TM) for an age and a half, so I'm not too particulary excited for it until a year and a half from now.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

Bloop the poop wrote:On a side note, are there any games that anyone's particularly excited for? Quantum Break looks pretty good, I'm hoping to see some more gameplay at e3. The division is promising, but its been pushed so far ahead that by the time its released the games hype will have died down. The same thing happened with ghost recon future soldier...it had the potential to be great but the game was released two years after its initial debut.

E3 schedule: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/46 ... ed-titles/

The Witcher 3 looks great and promising but It's just not my kind of game. Not sure about Far Cry 4, because all there is out is boxart right now.

This other thing is kinda offtopic but I'm kinda let down that ubisoft is trying to work on so many games at once to make deadlines, and ending up with half-assed products like watchdogs which could've been so much better. I know as of now they're working on Far Cry 4, The Division, The crew, Assassins Creed Comet, and Assassins Creed Unity. I've heard that part of the problem is that they have a ton of different studios in mutliple continents across the world, plus the sizes of the studios vary. Apparently they have a lot of really good developers on their team, but the management is absolute shit and a lot of good ideas get shot down to meet deadlines.

I wish game companies these days would actually take the time to make a good game, the way they envisioned it to be. :(
They aren't having management problems, Ubisoft is just taking the same path EA and Activision are taking which is 80% marketing 20% work on the game, it works for EA and Activ, and so far it's working out well for Ubisoft and watch dogs since people are buying that shit in droves despite it being a sub-par game, there's even talks of it being an important franchise for them, what a fucking joke.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Idiots will buy generally anything that gets substantial media attention. One of my older cousins said he "Got Watch Dogs and it was pretty neat" but I could hear in his tone that it was a letdown for him. At this decade it's not about making a good game and getting money out of it, it's about making as much money with as little work as possible. I.E Cock of Dooty, Battlefriends, ect.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

That's why you're supposed to stick to BF1942, BF2, and BF2142. I heard something about the PR guys working on making an alternative server listing system or something now that the gamespy servers are being shut down.