World Boundary

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[UNOFFICIAL] Opinion poll on what's preferred

Boundary stays up and nothing else is done at all
5%
Boundary stays up, but we try one or more other options
18%
Boundary is simply removed, nothing else happens
14%
Boundary is removed, and we try other solutions
34%
More events
16%
Remove beds
2%
Add teleportation
11%

Total votes: 44

LoneSoldier55
Moron

Polling Options

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Okay. Polls go as Follows.

Poll 1: General Decision

1) Keep the boundary, nothing else happens.
2) Keep the boundary, try other solutions.
3) Remove the boundary, nothing else happens.
4) Remove the boundary, try other solutions.
5) Have 2 worlds, One with and one Without a boundary.

Options 1 & 3 when voted for marjority, will drop the limit entirely and nothing else occurs.
Options 2 & 4 when voted for majority, will lead to two seperate polls.
Option 2 Will also lead to the end of the polls until someone else provides a compromise that keeps the limit but also keeps players happy. Another poll will be issued at the time of this finding.

Option 4 is the most likely option to be selected, and has the most options avalible.

1) Add Teleportation commands, via chat.
2) Add the Stargates mod.
3) Extend the limit
4) Remove the limit entirely

Option 1 will specify what types of commands are avalible, and how they will work. This will get nitty-gritty eventually, so I won't post all the polling options for this now.
Option 2 will lead to how the gates will operate, wether or not they will be user created and operated, or wether they will be administartive tools.
Option 3 is not likely to get many votes, because it does not satisfy both sides of the argument, however in the event it does, a boundary will be decided by a poll.
Option 4 is a restort for everyone who voted against the limit. If the people who voted against the limit can find no other option other than to remove it, they may chose this as well.

Option 5 of the first poll, if selected for majority, will determine what types of worlds there are and the induvidual rules of them.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
mitte90
OP

Re: World Boundary

Post by mitte90 »

move "extent the limit" to "keep the boundary, try other solutions". we dont need a option to re add it when we have voted against it. and will allow the pro limit to group on that, resulting in them winning if all anti limit divide there votes on the other 3
Fluz43
in iron armor

Post by Fluz43 »

Just throwing it out there, I am inside the limit and haven't been greifed since I lived alone.
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

Fluz43 wrote:Just throwing it out there, I am inside the limit and haven't been greifed since I lived alone.
You will be. I lived in my 15x15 base (under a lava lake, at bedrock level, 4k from spawn, not in any typical direction) for 2 months. Someone just "happened to discover it by accident". Nobody is safe.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

I lived in my nice cozy base with a fairly large farm, a nice spread out place, mineshafts branching off of it, a few poorly closed cave systems from those mineshafts, and it hasn't been raided to my knowledge. Keep in mind, this was my first solo base on the server, I set it up in october, I think. Last checked on it new years? Still whole.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

if we're talkng about how small the limit makes things; I recently went looking for a jungle i went 6K in one direction and still found nothing but ocean. And i had to go 5K in the other direction to find a jungle. That's 11K covered in just a couple hours of playing.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

But that's 6k in one direction, 5k in another. Inside the limit, we have 5k in one direction, 5k in another, 10k in another, and so on.
Fluz43
in iron armor

Post by Fluz43 »

Why is this the official thread, but the poll is not official, yet both were started up by Yukar (at least I think the poll was started by him)?

I say we make it an official poll. On the side note, if I accidentally double voted, it's cause I removed one of my votes.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

We need to know what the official poll should say, to make sure that it covers all needs.
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

we already have an official thread. Go to the "multiverse" thread made by yukar