Current Events 2021
This is a page to keep track of day to day events related to SimPvP, including things which wouldn't be important enough for Server History or News. The record officially starts on January 1st, 2021, and events prior to then do not belong on this page.
- The server's physical host location, French Polynesia, entered 2021, prompting Burger_Malone to update the page. This was the highlight of their New Years Day.
- A large battle takes place in the PvP world between members of the Church of Francis and the People's Coalition, with no conclusive results.
- Burger_Malone completes an 8x6 Map Art, the largest on the server so far.
- The Church of Francis griefs the YeeterMyPeeter base Axetown.
- AntHand, ostrich1414, Sellout9, Zepheron, and 4Pilot, on behalf of the People's Coalition, raid and annex the base Three Words, Lord1 and Tenced's main city.
- Korijenkins and ostrich1414 annex Poop City, removing it entirely and relocating it to Void City where it will be on display indefinitely.
- After four and a half years, DakkaDok officially steps down as SimPvP admin.
- The People's Coalition raids and annexes Pepe's Holy Land, a base created by MrMeeps and Church of Francis member TomixPlayz.
- After the base is discovered by 2b2t players, ostrich1414 and Zepheron grief the City of the Divine Lord, Wilbur (Wilburia) before the others can grief it.
- Plugin portal frames can now be built with crying obsidian.
- After days of negotiation, The Imperial War finally comes to an end as the People's Coalition and the Church of Francis officially agree to mutual peace.
- A small peace conference is held at Gibraltar Castle, a former base griefed by the PC at the start of the war back in December 2020. Members from both the PC and the COF attend the summit and sign treaties.
- The Trade Federation is formed.
- The Francillian Freindship Work Camp (FFCW) is established by the Holy States of Francis, bringing several new players to the base as slaves and forcing them to mine stone, while giving them supplies, food, and shelter.
- 4Pilot discovers Azdin actively griefing Castle Snowfrog manually. After driving him off, 4Pilot decided to lavacast what remained of the castle to prevent Azdin from doing further damage.
- In a related incident, SkullerG further decimates Azpipia, which had already been heavily damaged in 2020.
- Ostrich1414 founds Riverwood, a small base made for new players. Three new players are immediately brought there the day of its founding.
- Tenced becomes the Supreme General of HSOF by stealing the Supreme General Sword from Lord1 after a pvp that also involved James8B.
- 4Pilot's refurbished end portal pyramid is griefed by an unknown player, although many point to e_lee as the culprit.
- Azdin National Park is created near spawn by ostrich1414, Lord1, SkullerG, 4Pilot, and iLxgend. The park is made by igniting hundreds of stacks of TNT and creating dozens of withers, as well as a few lavacasts.
- A minor incident takes place at Riverwood in which vandalism from The Order of Wilbur is discovered on the Holy States of Francis's temple, resulting in the HSOF to retaliate and spread their own vandalism throughout the town. However, the incident is resolved swiftly and peace is made.
- International Lord1 Day.
- An entity malfunction at The Commonwealth's gold farm brings the server's TPS down to 1 and FPS to 0, forcing ostrich1414 to implement a whitelist with a minimum of 8,200 hours in order to fix it.
- After 8 years, 9 months, and 2 days, Ralph returns to the server, blessing SimPvP and its community with his presence.
- MoWobbler becomes the newest SimPvP admin.
- After BossCoww beats clipchip's time on The Spawn Challenge for the first time since 2017, the "DO NOT TRUST CLIPCHIP" sign is promptly changed to "YMP WIN POOP LOL :-)".
- A few days after BossCoww's high score, _Goujon_ manages to beat him in The Spawn Challenge, thus replacing the "YMP WIN POOP LOL :-)" sign with "_GOUJON_ LOVES FORTNITE".
- After weeks of discussion regarding Korijenkins' proposed Base Restoration Policy, Yukarion rules that Three Words, a city previously discovered using a now-illegal exploit, is to be restricted to those who gained access utilizing the exploit and its coordinates privatized. This becomes the first base to be restored with this new policy.
- A few days after _Goujon_'s high score, MoWobbler manages to beat his time for The Spawn Challenge, beating him by a mere two seconds. The spawn message is thus replaced from "_GOUJON LOVES FORTNITE" to "WE MISS TALKSALOT".
- The submission period for the Map Art Competition officially ends.
- Yukarion rebrands the server as "SimPvE", disabling pvp across the server and turning /world into a peaceful meetup area.
- Voting for the Map Art Competition takes place in a polling station designed by iLxgend, with 13 official Map Art submissions and over 45 active voters.
- After the votes are counted, iLxgend's map art, "SimPvP", is declared the winner, with 28 votes. It is placed on display at spawn.
- Cavehoe is jailed for Rule 3, the first punishment for Rule 3 in the history of the server, and Korijenkins hosts a small party at End Spawn in celebration.
- Three different server parties are held throughout the day: one at End spawn, one at Riverwood, and one at a man-made void chunk near spawn.
- GS rebuilds Nether Spawn whilst HSOF eliminates all Nether Spawn Withers.
- HSOF hosts a PvP tournament where the 3 legions of the Grand Army compete against each other in the 3 Words arena.